Reigning Grace needs YOU!
There are numerous ways that you can help Reigning Grace Ranch! Take advantage of Arizona's Tax Credit if you are a resident of Arizona.Why not become a Wr'angel'er, Corporate Sponsor, Sponsor a Youth Mentorship, Sponsor a Horse, or become part of RGR's Ranch Growth and Expansion by donating, building or planting a tree? You can also donate to our wishlist or volunteer!
Scroll down to learn more!
Our monthly Wr‘angel’er program is a donation that can be pledged in any amount that fits your budget. Because we are 96% of funds direct to program, your money touches the kids and horses directly. Areas that your donation helps fund are – hay for the horses, classroom space, medications for horses, veterinarian services, snacks & water for the children, arts & crafts supplies for the kids, volunteer educational materials and parenting materials.
Your monthly donation is also eligible for the Arizona State Tax Credit if you file in Arizona! Visit our website at www.azrgr.org/az-tax-credit for details.
We are profoundly grateful for your kindness and support! It is an honor to have you shouldering with us!
"We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give." - Winston Churchill
With the help of our community partners such as Corporate Sponsors, Private Donors and Family Foundations, we are able to make an impact for good! Reigning Grace Ranch relies heavily on the joyful hearts of our donors to give our kids a second chance.
So ask yourself, “Why would I become a sponsor at Reigning Grace Ranch?” The answer is simple.
- We are 100% volunteer-based
- 96% of the funds raised go directly to programming here at the ranch
- 98% of our youth that we mentor have reported a changed heart in the way of self-esteem, self-confidence, the feeling of being loved, the feeling of being wanted and goal setting.
Looking at our overall response from kids and parents from the 2015-16 sessions, we have had a 97% success rate with our kids. Many of them came in with low self-esteem, low leadership skills, little or no confidence in themselves, their skills, or their self-worth. And many were not very responsible or accountable for their actions.
One teen at the ranch has said, “When I am here, I want to be a better person and a role model for my friends and family. It has changed my heart, forever.”
Together, we can really change one child at a time.
If you are interested in becoming a corporate sponsor please contact us at 480-466-2154.
Below are the characteristics we surveyed at the end of the year:
Help us! help Kids! Help You! Arizona Tax Credit
The Arizona Tax Credit allows individuals and couples to make a contribution to a “Qualifying Charitable Organization,” including Reigning Grace Ranch, and direct where your tax dollars are spent while supporting Arizona foster kids and rescued horses. Anyone who pays Arizona state taxes, whether you itemize or not, single or married, can qualify for the Tax Credit of up to $800 for couples filing jointly or $400 for individual taxpayers.
Taking advantage of the tax credit allows you either to increase the amount of refund you receive from the state or decrease what you owe to the state. It also allows a say in what your tax payment actually does.
For more specific information on the Arizona Tax Credit, consult your tax advisor or the Arizona Department of Revenue at (602) 255-3381. Or, go online to: Arizona Department of Revenue
Scroll down to learn about all the different things your donations can go to!
Sponsor a Youth Mentorship
Support a child in developing essential skills that are applicable for positive change in their daily lives and their future. Give to the Equine Mentorship & Life Skill Program.
When you give to the Equine Mentorship & Life Skill Program, you are helping a child develop essential skills that are applicable for positive change in their daily lives and their future. Together, we are creating healthy, productive kids for tomorrow’s future. We work together one-on-one and in group settings to develop character and life skills that pair with our Be Somebody Mentorship Program.
NAME YOUR DONATION AMOUNT!
Sponsor a Horse
Choose a sponsorship level for one of our "equine counselors", and further ensure quality care to our horses and a cost free opportunity to the children who call this their special place.
At Reigning Grace Ranch, we feed our horses a combination of Alfalfa and Bermuda. We feed approximately 800 lbs of hay a day. One of largest expenses as a 501c(3) is our feed. It costs approximately $36,000 per year to feed our rescued horses and children’s program horses.
RE-OCCURRING MONTHLY OPTION:
Horse Sponsorship Program
The majority of our horses come from backgrounds of abuse and neglect. They are the very core of what we do here at Reigning Grace Ranch. These equines, once broken, lost and hurting, are now doted on by children who have been through many similar circumstances. Because of their background, it gives them the ability to reach out to kids in a unique way, making them what we call "equine counselors."
For the many equines who call this place home, Reigning Grace offers a safe haven, a gentle hand and a life purpose. Our training and riding methods are based on the theories of natural horsemanship, which utilize quietness and patience to communicate with horses in their own language. It is our aim to develop trusting relationships with these magnificent creatures.
Please consider sponsoring one of our "equine counselors." By simply choosing a sponsorship level, you can further ensure quality care to our horses and a cost free opportunity to the children who call this their special place. Your sponsorship will provide aid for the following:
- Daily hay and grain as needed
- Vitamins and supplements as needed
- Regular preventative vaccinations
- Professional farrier trimming and shoeing as needed
- Countless hours one-on-one with a child and leader
- Daily engagement both physically and mentally
- Lots of grooming, baths and carrots
VETERINARIAN & MEDICAL COSTS
As you can imagine, having a herd of horses, there are always routine medical costs and unplanned costs due to colics, accidental injuries and special medications. Each year Reigning Grace Ranch spends about $8,500 in medical costs to support the ranch’s program horses and sanctuary/rescue horses. If you would like to pitch in and help with the veterinarian costs, here are some options for you.
ANY DESIREABLE AMOUNT:
Capital Funding for Property Expansion
We are excited to share the expansion plans for Reigning Grace Ranch! The ranch plans to raise $385,000 over the next two years to purchase the land the ranch operates on. In addition to the land acquisition, we plan to raise an additional $500,000 in capital for facilities on the new property.
THE VISION - THE FUTURE!
We will have several recreational therapies offered for our community to plug into. Whether you are coming to heal or grow yourself, or find your therapy in helping others, Reigning Grace Ranch is the perfect match. The ranch will offer community gardening for those that the ranch serves. In addition to the equine mentorship and life skill programming, we will have an arts and crafts classroom, and a wood shop to build furniture. We have a vision for a future mercantile at the ranch to offer the community merchandise that the children have made. We also plan to be the home and family for full-time living for up to 8 teens a year in our aging out of foster care program.
WE HAVE 4 MAJOR AREAS OF FUNDING NEEDS - PHASE I,II, AND III FOR GROWTH AND EXPANSION, LAND PURCHASE FUNDING.
PHASE II - COVERED ARENA - $168,000
PHASE III - $323,000
- Transitional Living/ Overnight Cabins (4) – $48,000
- Jenny’s House - $250,000 (Community Center and Home for children, families and transitional living programs)
- Special Use and Permitting - $25,000
LAND PURCHASE FUNDING
- $385,000 – 10 acres
PHASE I – EXPANSION OF RANCH PROPERTY $189,000.00
- Park – $12,500
- Land Survey, Grading and Drainage - $15,000
- Water System $20,000
- Electricity - $25,000
- Arenas & Classroom Space - $10,500
- Perimeter Fencing $20,000
- Paddock Fencing – $15,000
- Main Entrance - $10,000
- Hay Barn - $15,000
- Maintenance Barn - $15,000
- Sick Barn - $8500.00
- Dust Control Installation
- Trees & Shrubbery perimeter fencing & interior $12,000
- Green House Sustainability - $10,500
IN HONOR OF:
IN HONOR OF:
IN HONOR OF:
Birds Eye View
- Grass and alfalfa hay
- Gift certificate to a local feed store, Scottsdale Livestock, Dynamite Horseman Supply, Karsten’s Ace Hardware
- Vet wrap
- Brown gauze
- Wood Grindings from AMC consolidated
- Saddles, kids & adult sizes, lightweight
- Water Troughs – Metal
- Fly Masks – various sizes – full size horse & miniature
- Horse Grooming Tools
- Paint - Large bottles of WASHABLEnon-toxic paint (all colors)
- Small, medium and large foam paint brushes
- Canvases (all sizes) for acrylic painting
- 4 wheeler quad
- Ranger, Honda or John Deere UTV with dump bed
- Manure Spreader (Newer Spreader brand)
Food & Snacks for kids
- Individual bottles of water
- Individually packaged nuts
- Natural fruit leather
- Individually packaged fruit snacks
- Individually packaged crackers
- Individually packaged dried fruit
- Paper plates, Paper cups, Plastic Utensils
- Plastic eyes (for puppet making)
- Drawing pencils
- Mod Podge
- Needles & Thread
- Toys for Sessions with Kids
- Various sized plastic traffic cones
- Approx 3" diameter rubber or foam rings
- Large magnetic dart board & darts
- Foam balls of all sizes
- Foam swimming pool noodles
- Large easel
- Large paper pad
- Hula Hoops
- Giant balls (approx 24")
- Plastic manure forks – new or in good shape (can be purchased at any feed store or Karsten Ace Hardware)
- Wheelbarrows, hand carts
- Leather work gloves in children’s sizes
- Gardening Tools
- Cordless Power Tools
- Tools (i.e., screwdrivers, hammers, etc.)
Gifts for Children
- Kid Size boots
- Kid Size Cowboy Hats
- Kid Size Cowboy/Cowgirl Jeans
- Kid Size sweatshirts & Western Shirts
Building & Landscape
- Wood chips
- Flowers, Trees, Shrubs
- Horse Panels (fencing)
Reigning Grace Ranch is a nonprofit organization classified as a 501 (c)(3) by the Internal Revenue Service. Our federal tax identification number is #45-3219899.